January 8, 2015

{ take me back } to...

... the days when eating and sleeping were my only responsibilities. oh to be a baby again.

... the days when I had to keep up with my big sister by learning to ride my bike at three, when wild hair was acceptable, and hanging out with my mom was the coolest thing ever.

... the days when going to school, holding my baby sister when she cried, and doing multiplication tests after gymnastics made up my very happy little life.


... the days when I could ride my bike to my cousins house everyday. when we could play spies, make up dances to avril lavigne and nsync songs, and have sleepovers.


... the days when I worried about when to start wearing a bra, when to start putting on make up, and if the cute boy I liked, liked me back.

... the days when we wrote notes to our friends during class rather than texting, snapchatting, or instagramming.


... the days when drama was acceptable (though still annoying) because we were in high school and that's just how it was.


... the days when I got to work out every day doing a sport I loved. Cheerleading, flying, and tumbling. When running stairs was bearable because you were doing it with your friends.


... the days when buying a dress, getting all dolled up, and dancing the night away was magical.


... the days when graduating high school was a huge step. and moving out was the most terrifying and yet exhilarating thing in life to date.


... the days when I fell in love. for the first and for the last time.


... the days when I thought I was so grown up because I was a freshman in college. when you could choose for yourself if you were going to go to class and you could hang out with your friends all day everyday if you wanted to.


... the day when I married the love of my life thinking I could never love him more than I did then.


... the days when we lived in an apartment complex that always smelled like curry and we paid for our laundry using quarters.

... the days when I moved miles away from my family and spent my first independent summer in california. when I met my best friend kacee and learned what it was like to be a door-to-door salesman's wife.


... the days when I wasn't sure I would make it into nursing school.

... the days when I wasn't sure I would make it through nursing school alive.


... the days when we lived with our parents while trying to save up for a house. when we played just dance on a daily basis and I walked to and from the bus stop (after an hour and a half commute to school) because we only had one car.

... the days when I stressed if we would ever get into our house.

... the days when I stressed about what I would do once I no longer had to go to school.

and...

... the day when I graduated. feeling completely grown up and slightly terrified of real life.


Life is flying by way too fast. Can't time just slow down for a minute? I want to cherish every minute and remember exactly what it felt like each step of the way.


for previous { take me back } posts click here, here, here, & here.

5 comments:

  1. Love this post! Lots of great memories! It's so true, time flies by way too fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madison Hewitt-BrownJanuary 8, 2015 at 10:39 AM

    So glad I made the cut :) I love this post. Really highlights the sweetness of every stage of life. Keep up the good work! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this. Time goes so fast. You were such a cutie! I love your "The days I fell in love for the first and LAST time" That picture is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is so nostalgic! Where has my life gone? Aw.

    ReplyDelete