July 13, 2015

Baby DiCristofano | Week 37

First thing my doctor said when he came into the room this week was, "you made it full term! that means no NICU curse for you!" And all of the sudden I was like, "oh my goodness, we are full term! this baby could come anytime, what!?!" Ask me if I've crossed anything off the before baby comes to do list... never mind don't ask. I think after I write this I'd better at least go pack a hospital bag...


Baby DiCristofano is the size of a winter melon (whatever that is!?)
19-20 inches long and approximately 6.5 pounds 
(my doctor estimates that baby boy will be about 6.5 pounds when he comes out... guess we will see!)

How far along: 37 weeks exactly! Where has time gone? I've become worse and worse at doing these updates.

Weight gain: I've been up a solid 28-29 pounds for the last 4 weeks. Today after my appointment with zero weight gain I indulged in a pregnancy craving, am I the only one who does that?

Maternity clothes: I think at this point that is just the most ridiculous question. Why yes, of course.

Stretch marks: Not yet! My sister said the few that she got came in the last few weeks but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.

Belly button: The turkey timer (as Tristan would call it) popped at least a month ago. You can't really see it outside of my clothes unless I'm not wearing enough layers.

Wedding ring: On :) thank goodness, otherwise people would probably think I was a pregnant high schooler.

Movement: Ah yes, how I love my active little boy. Or should I say, not so little boy. I won't lie, some movements are actually painful. But I still look forward to his active times of the day for the amazing reminder that he's still growing in there.

Sleep: I would say that my problem is not a lack of sleep but a lack of desire to do anything but sleep. Guys, I feel huge and getting out of bed is pretty much exercise at this point. And my bed is so comfy. And I'm tired, oh so tired...

Cravings: No changes from my last update.

Feeling: 
- Happy, anxious, excited! I'm dying to meet this little guy. I'm ready for his dad to come home. I'm ready for maternity leave. I'm just ready.
- Also, nervous that I won't recognize labor in time to get Tristan home for his birth.
- A lot a bit sad that my family is going to Lake Powell pretty much the day after his due date... I want to go to Lake Powell so bad!
- Tired, some sharp pelvic pain, and a few braxton hicks. Nothing too exciting.

Latest doctors appointment: I've been having weekly appointments since 35 weeks and it's pretty much my favorite thing ever. I don't even mind that I have to pee in a cup every time if it means I get to hear my little one. My last appointment was today. Blood pressure is still good. I'm dilated to 1 cm and 70% effaced (no change from last week) - is that TMI? My doctor thinks our little nugget will be staying put for at least another week. Guess I'd better gear up for work Tuesday night after all :) A girl could hope right?

Best moment this week: A surprise package from Tristan! Back story: I hate surprises that I know about, I can't stand the anticipation. Two weeks ago Tristan told me that he had ordered a surprise and to watch for it to come! Fast forward a week and a half.... I was still checking the mail every. single. day. I was losing my mind! But the day finally came that it arrived and I was beyond surprised! When Tristan said he'd ordered a surprise, I'd assumed it was something for baby boy (he's pretty much the only person we spend money on these days). Nope, this surprise was for me! He got me bracelets from Alex & Ani! I'm obsessed! The one says "because I love you" and the other one is the august birthstone. The little note he sent with it had me in pregnancy tears, "This is the start to many milestone jewels and jewelry that will commemorate the new chapters in our life. I love you Sunshine!" Could he be the more perfect husband for me? I think not.


Worst moment this week: I can't think of one! So instead I'll share more best moments.

A few Saturdays ago my mom and sisters threw me a baby shower! It was so fun. Baby boy got lots of cute stuff! And I got my carseat and stroller! My sister put together a game where she asked Tristan and I the same questions and the guests had to guess who's answer was who's. It was really fun for me especially with Tristan being gone to see what he said and to see if we are on the same page. As far as who will be getting up with baby in the middle of the night, we are both in agreement that it will be Tristan :) We are both most nervous about disciplining... And Tristan would rather change diapers than use the booger sucker thing. Unfortunately, I didn't get pictures with everyone but here are a few of my friends and my amazing mom and sisters.



Looking forward to: Meeting this little guy and watching Tristan be a daddy!

4 comments:

  1. Yay for full term!! You look absolutely gorgeous!! I hear ya on the wanting to sleep all the time front, I blame winter and my cosy bed!lol Can't wait to see your little guy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness you are so tiny for being full term! A very cute pregnant lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie DicristofanoJuly 16, 2015 at 11:53 PM

    I still can't believe how little you are. you're so lucky. I'm pretty sure I'll be this big in a few months ha. aren't alex and ani bracelets the best? I have three and I wear them everyday! can't wait to meet baby boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamie DicristofanoJuly 16, 2015 at 11:54 PM

    I still can't believe how small you are! you're lucky. I think I'll look like this by September. ha. aren't alex and ani bracelets the best? I have three of them I wear everyday. can't wait to meet baby boy!

    ReplyDelete